Plastic Tubing, 'Double Reed' Sax / Oboe / Duduk / Xaphoon
An attempt to make a woodwind instrument, which actually turned out better than I was expecting!
1. Cut a length of plastic tubing... The longer the length, the lower the key.
2. Soften one end in hot water.
3. Flatten the end in a vice, taking care not to crack the sides.
4. Sand the mouthpiece thin enough to produce a note when blown through... with a 1/2 mm gap
5. Drill finger holes, and tape on a funnel,,, Practice !!!
Post a Comment