Tuesday, 18 February 2014
As today was the first day that I haven't been in 'full time employment', and since I have lost the use of the studio, at WASPS, I decided to try and make an instrument at home, with just a Black & Decker workbench, and basic tools...
Surprise, surprise! - I managed to make a pretty cool tin box uke, in about six hours (OK, the glue is still drying, and I will probably change the strings from mandolin, to classical guitar strings, but I managed it.) - Obviously I will never make a full time career out of cigar box guitars, and I spent some of the time editing a video, and filling out an application for a stage management job, but if I must be stuck at home, I want to be busy. It's not as good as a workshop, but it's a use for a spare room...
I WISH I HAD A SHED !!!
The dinosaurs show scale ! (Ha ha!)
The tin was a Xmas present, containing some pretty cool items for street magic and con tricks !
It made a unique instrument, with the usual haufcut key bridge, piezo pick-up, oak neck, mahogany fingerboard, chrome tuners, black dot markers... 4 mandolin strings on it for now... - On sale to anyone who offers me a new job!
AND NOW HOW IT SOUNDS ELECTRIFIED: